Are Used Treadmills A Good Buy?
If you are in the market for a treadmill, you may be considering to purchase a used one. And you may be wondering if used treadmills would be a good buy vs. a new one?
Generally, the answer is YES. It does depend on the specific treadmill you buy. You will find some amazing used treadmills (we have a large selection here at Fitness Rush) and purchasing a used model can save you hundreds of dollars.
Let's face it - a majority of home gym equipment spend more time idle than in use. So, just because a treadmill is technically "used" does not mean that it has alot of miles on it.
Which Treadmill Is Best For Home Use?
The first thing to consider when looking for a treadmill for your home gym is the space. How much space can you dedicate to this piece of equipment?
- Do you have the space for a non-folding treadmill?
- Or do you need a folding treadmill to save space?
Once you've decided on the space issue, the next step is what features are you looking for in your treadmill?
- Are you going to walk or run (running means you need to make sure you have a durable, high quality product that can withstand the pounding)
- The surface area of the treadmill needs to fit your stride. Tall individuals will need a larger deck area than someone who is shorter.
- The type of motor is also to be considered. Again, a good, durable motor will give you the best bang for your buck because the treadmill will last longer.
- Extra features such as heart rate monitors, videos, Wi-Fi enabled, etc. should all be considered as well. You may decide that having some of these is worth the cost of buying a new treadmill. Of course, you could find a used treadmill with some or all of the extra features you like.
If you want to compare a large number of treadmills, give us a call at 770-712-5392 and come visit our showroom. You can try out any of our new and used treadmills to find the best fit at the best price for your home gym.
How Much Does A Decent Treadmill Cost?
When you begin shopping for used treadmills (even new ones) you will find a large variety of prices. They vary depending on the features and the quality of the product.
The range of prices can be from approximately...
$220.00 to $7000.00
Obviously, a $220.00 treadmill is of the lowest quality unless of course you can find a good, quality treadmill at a yardsale for such an amazing bargain!
Is A Treadmill A Good Investment?
The beauty of a treadmill as a piece of exercise equipment is that it can be used by a large age group. From teenagers to healthy octogenarians, treadmills are an excellent form of home exercise.
If you compare the cost of a gym membership to the cost of owning a treadmill then yes, the investment in this piece of equipment is well worth it. As long as you use it and if you aren't missing out on other exercises that a gym would provide.
What Should I Look For In A Used Treadmill?
Once you've taken into account the factors I mentioned earlier about which treadmills are best for home use, the next list of things to look for in a used treadmill are...
- a newer model - if possible you want to purchase a more recent model
- a good brand name - you can find many reviews online
- if there's one available - ask for a service record or any background information on the treadmill
- take a test run - does it shake? do the electronics work? is the belt worn or does it look as if it has seen better days? is the motor too loud?
In the end, a used treadmill can be just as good as a new one - if you are diligent and do your research to find the best one that is a good fit for you.
If you have any questions about treadmills or any other piece of exercise equipment - give us a call today at Fitness Rush - we can help. Call 770-712-5392.