Health And Fitness Blog
One of the most recommended pieces of home exercise equipment by Personal Trainers and Physical Therapists is the Rowing Machine.
The Matrix Rower is a perfect example of a quiet exercise machine that can give you the serious results you look for in any piece of exercise equipment.
The reason is simple, it boils down to the fact that a rowing machine gives you an overall body workout AND at the same time is safe on your body.
9 Top Benefits Of Using A Rowing Machine
- Low Impact Cardiovascular Workouts - for anyone concerned about the physical problems related to high impact workouts - the use of a rowing machine can give them the cardio benefits with minimal stress on the body and joints.
- Ease of Use - there isn't much instruction on how to use a rowing machine - it's really quite easy and the chances of injuring yourself is extremely low.
- Inexpensive - in relation to many other pieces of exercise equipment - rowing machines are fairly inexpensive and can fit most any budget. Perfect for any home gym.
- Great Upper Body Workouts - because you use all the muscles of your shoulders, arms, upper back and chest to perform a row, you get an upper body workout that will show up in lean, toned muscles. Because you have to grip the handlebars tightly as you perform each row you will also be building up strength in your hands and wrists.
- Excellent Lower Body Workouts - there's no doubt that your quads get a great workout on a rowing machine, but you will also be giving your glutes and calves a workout as well.
- Weight Loss - well, this goes without saying really. With all the exercise benefits of a rowing machine, weight loss is inevitable. At least, as long as you don't reward yourself with doughnuts afterwards!
- Stress Reduction - just like most any other exercise - the workouts from a rowing machine will help you to reduce your stress and anxiety.
- Increases Muscle Strength and Endurance - exercising on a rowing machine IS an endurance exercise. You are repeating your movements against a specific amount of weight for a length of time and that combination will increase your endurance and your upper and lower body muscle strength.
- Adjustable To Your Goals - depending on the rowing machine that you purchase (use) - you can make adjustments so that the resistance is less or greater (as you need) and of course you can make adjustments as your workout improves.
The Only Problem With Rowing Machines?
Pretty much the only problem with rowing machines is the amount of floor space that they can take up.
They are not as compact as say a stationary bike but they will take up less space than some home gyms that offer alot of the same types of exercises and benefits.
The Matrix Rower
The Matrix Rower has been designed to be a serious, commercial rower with the added benefit of being one of the smoothest and quietest rowers on the market.
Top 10 Features Of The Matrix Rower
- Seat lock offers enhanced stability when getting on or off the rower
- Compact footprint offers easy placement virtually anywhere in your facility
- Ergonomic contours of the seat makes intense training sessions more comfortable than ever
- Clearly defined quick keys provide instant access to sprinting, distance rowing and high-intensity interval training programs
- Adjustable, backlit console makes it easy to set your training goal and measure your results
- Brushed aluminum flywheel with 10 precise magnetic resistance settings offers challenge to first-time users and experienced rowers alike
- High-quality cord is paired with a long aluminum rail reinforced with stainless-steel strips to stand up to a steady stream of users in the busiest exercise environments
- Can be tilted up to minimize footprint, and built-in wheels make it easy to roll the rower into storage or to a new place on your circuit training floor
- Heel cups include quick release buckles that let users quickly get off the rower, ideal for circuit training
- Long, reinforced handle includes a comfort-enhancing over-mold that allows both large and small users to comfortably pull stroke after stroke
Home Gyms can be expensive so you may be wondering if they are worth it. For most - it boils down to cost and time. You may pay less up front for a gym membership, but it will take up more of your time and if you stick with it (as you should) you will end [...]
The popularity of Bodycraft's HFT Functional Trainer is no surprise. There are so many different exercises that can be performed on this beautiful piece of exercise equipment. According to BodyCraft's exercise booklet, there's at least 72 different exercises that you can do to tone your body and get in shape. The list includes: Concentration Curl Overhead Triceps Extension One Arm Curl-Supinating One Arm Overhead Triceps Extension One [...]
Power Racks are a very common piece of exercise equipment in any serious home gym or commercial gym. There are 7 excellent reasons for this... Power racks allow you to train solo in a safe environment. You can adjust the safety pins to just below your full range of motion - just in case you miss a lift, [...]
If you're a handy person and you're considering building your own Squat / Power Rack – well – you can certainly do that. The satisfaction of creating anything on your own is of course, amazing. But, you do need to ask yourself if the product that you will build will have all the features found in some of the [...]
Exercise has been proven to improve a body's flexibility and strength. But that's not all it does. Exercise can also improve a person's mood and cognitive functioning. So many studies on this topic have been conducted and the news just keeps coming that exercise can be the magic pill to help you live a long and healthy life. All of [...]
Whether you’re working with an expansive basement or a converted closet, with the fitness equipment on this list you can get in great shape on your own turf. Building a home gym is one way busy parents and anyone who can't find time to visit a gym can incorporate exercise into their routine. Here at Fitness Rush, in Buford Ga [...]
When deciding on what exercise equipment to stock your home gym with, you will be faced with many options. The most common and important factors to consider are... 1) How much can you spend? 2) What do you want to achieve – physically? 3) What each piece of exercise apparatus can do for you. If you currently lift weights or [...]
With over 30 years of experience in the health and fitness industry I enjoy practicing what I preach and sharing my experiences for developing preventive maintenance for most physiques and encouraging continued growth. Walking the walk not just talking the talk. Back injuries from crushed vertebrae in car accidents to everyday strains from abundant excessive activity [...]
The Squat Rack (aka Power Cage or Power Rack) is not just for squats (as the name may imply). It can be used for multiple exercises for overall body toning and strengthening. It's a piece of exercise equipment that any professional gym would have. These are the 7 most terrific exercises that you can perform on [...]